Showreel   |   Twitter   |  Tumblr   |   LinkedIn   |   Vimeo

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Clouds and Domes

I've been brainstorming different ways I can create billowing clouds for Chance of Rain, all the while putting off the sky domes I wanted to have completed LAST semester, so I devoted some time to them recently, and I'm rather pleased with the result. So much so, that I went ahead and added a sun, and figured out my cloud dilemma.

Here's a crazy hodge-podge test demonstrating the movement of all of these forces.

Note: No, this isn't how fast everything is going to be in the short. This is just a test. Also, I won't be changing the direction of the clouds either.



The render is in greyscale because I wanted to study the movement without being clouded (no pun intended) by color.

This is a quick color key of what that shot may look like (without any of Adam's wonderful textures, that is):



EDIT;

Here's the true(er) speed:

No comments:

Post a Comment